Learning Teaching for Mastery
These sessions will look at four key areas of number and how to plan and deliver lessons for depth and breadthso that students fully understand the mathematical concepts.
The key ares of number covered are:
· Basic Number
· Ratio and Proportion
Who is the work group for/aimed at?
This programme will be ideal for those teachers who would like to develop their understanding of teaching for mastery. Mastery may be completely new to these teachers, they may be non-specialists or they may have understanding about teaching for mastery but would like to explore how a specific area could be broken down to expose the underlying concept in order to plan their own mastery lessons from scratch.
What is involved?
There will be four full days and interim exercises to complete.
· Deeper understanding of the subject knowledge and pedagogy related to teaching for mastery
· Understand how topics can be broken down to small steps
· Understand what resources can be used to explain the 'whys' within a topic
· Gain new resources created with mastery in mind
· Understanding of appropriate activities for mastery
· Skills to identify resources and approaches that can be built into the schemes of work
The following sessions will all take place at Outwood Institute of Education, Tenter Balk Lane, Adwick Le Street, Doncaster, DN6 7EQ.
· Session 1 – Thursday 13 June - Basic Number (Factors/Multiples/Primes) - 8:30-3:30pm
· Session 2 – Monday 17 June - Fractions - 8:30-3:30pm
· Session 3 – Friday 28 June - FDP - 8:30-3:30pm
· Session 4 – Wednesday 3 July - Ratio and Proportion - 8:30-3:30pm
To book your place, please click on the button below: